Empty Products





Can I get a hooray for this post?! I recently re-organized my make up and skin care, I divided my make up into two places, most of it are placed in my closet drawer, and the rests that I used a lot are put in my make up bag, or just scattered on the table along with my skin care. And from that re-organizing, I realized that half my drawer is full of lipstick. As a beginner in collecting make up, does 20 something lipsticks considered to be too many? Do I need help?




But then there were some stuffs that's coming to it's end, so it's kind of a relief to me, because it means I will have some empty space, which I'm sure will be placed by new products soon. And here's the list of the products I've used up:


Nature Republic 92% Aloe Vera Soothing Gel
You've seen me talked about this gel in my Remover post. It took me about 3 months to use this up, and this is my second jar. I love this aloe vera gel because it can be used for so many things. For moisturizer, cleaning make up residue, to be mixed with foundation or bb cream to create a lighter consistency and coverage, as facial mask, even eye mask whenever my eyes are too puffy, sometimes I use it on my hair too. The best thing about this is, it's either greasy or drying, and it's so affordable!. I still get one jar left, but I'm sure I'll repurchase this soon.


Bali Alus Face Mist
The label suggested this face mist to work both as a make up base, make up setting, and as a freshener throughout the day, and I can say it did work for both of it. It's not that kind of base that will make your make up really stick to your skin, or even smooths out the look of your pores, but it's good to prep your skin before make up and I think it helps calming the skin and minimize the redness on my skin too. Sometimes I use it at the end of my make up routine but not as a setting spray (it didn't work for that), to get rid off the powdery or the cakey look, so it will look more natural. And I happily use this as a freshener because it smells so good. I always went overboard when it comes to spritzing my face with this rose scented face mist. Would I repurchase? Yes.


Skin Aqua Moisturizer Gel (Not pictured. Already thrown away the packaging)

I bought this moisturizer because I wanted something quick and easy as this is a moisturizer but it also has SPF 30 in it so I don't have to do extra work to put on sunscreen especially back in my college days. This moisturizer is aqua based, so it's good for normal to oily skin girls like me, but I did feel a little bit of stickiness after I applied it on the skin. It is written on the box that the moisturizer can be used as make up base too, maybe the stickiness will help your make up stick really well on to the skin. I can't say that this moisturizer helped making my make up stay longer, but it works well as make up base, even better as the base for my Olay CC Cream, because whenever I took photos using the combo of these two, my skin looked so smooth, poreless, and glowing!. I would repurchase this but not after I finish of my Hada Labo Moisturizing Lotion first.


Nivea Vitamin Mix Lip Balm

Finally I finished off a lip balm. Before this all my lip balms usually got thrown away before get used up but hit the expiration date already. If you've tried the other Nivea lip balms, the texture feels exactly the same, it's moisturizing but kinda greasy, it's not completely get absorbed into the lips and still left residue, but for me it's better than the other lip balms I've tried from other brands. And the scent... oh the fruity, candy scent, if you're familiar with Sugus Strawberry Yoghurt Candy, this smells exactly like it, it makes me want to eat it!. I wanted to repurchase this but I couldn't find it anywhere, and now I already have the lip butter one which has a better formula than the lip balm.


Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter Pink Truffle
I really like this lip butter because it really moisturizes my lips without being sticky and the shade is perfect for everyday use without pulling too much attention. The buttery smooth formula that glides on the lips easily makes this lip butter gone quickly. It's not long lasting, so I have to re-apply after drinking and eating, which I wouldn't mind. But it melts easily if not being stored in the room temperature. I won't repurchase this since I already have the Nivea one, also for someone who tries to be more ethical and won't buy products which companies contributes to funding the zionist, I will not repurchase any of Revlon products. (You can read more about this in Iqra's blog here)

Pixy Volumizing Waterproof Mascara 
I honestly didn't expect much from this mascara since it's only IDR 30,000 but turns out it worked really well. It definitely lengthens and gives a bit more volume to the lashes, and it's waterproof. I think after I'm done experimenting with other mascaras I already know where to come back to if I still haven't found the right one.


Marcks Beauty Powder (Rose)
Oh the legendary Marcks powder that no one in this country haven't heard of (except for the guys). At first I started using this powder because I heard zero complain about this powder and I used to had trouble with acne. This powder didn't break me out and didn't make me look dull no matter how oily I got throughout the day. As I got into make up, I use this as a setting powder, and it is just perfect. I used this with any kind of concealer, whether it's liquid or cream, with this powder on top, it won't crease. The problem was Rose is not my perfect match. Now I've got the creme shade already to replace this, in a new packaging which more travel friendly.


Have you finished something recently, or have you tried any of these product too? Let me know what you think in the comments! Thanks for reading :)


Comments

  1. I really want to try the Aloe Ver soothing gel, I love how many different things it can be used for! And 20 lipsticks is definitely not too many!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's a real multi tasker, you should try it! I know if compared to other beauty bloggers 20 aren't that many, but compared to other girls my collections is quite a lot. Thanks for stopping by Alice :)

      Delete
  2. I love empties posts! <3 That aloe vera gel looks tempting, my skin has been so dry lately, I think I could really use something like this! Thanks for sharing x

    Following on bloglovin' <3

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But for the heads up it contains a bit of alcohol, so if you have dry skin you might want to try the ones with 98% or 100% aloe vera I guess :)
      Thanks, I'll follow you right back!

      Delete
  3. The only thing that I'm familiar with is Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter and must say I have never tried the others. I think I've read about Pixy mascara before and it's a decent one too but shame I don't think I can find it here in Canada.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of them are Indonesian local brands, while Pixy is from Japan and Nature Republic is Korean. Sometimes they can be a bit hard to find too, so I had to buy online.

      Delete
  4. Aloe Vera is the best medicine for facial problems!! Love this post!!
    Xoxo,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, aloe vera is the best for everything! Thanks for stopping by Trang :D

      Delete
  5. I can never remember to do an Empties post mostly because I empty my products so quickly! Haha! The Aloe Vera Soothing Gel sounds great if you still have a jar and want to repurchase! I might have to pick it up soon if I can find it <3

    xx Bash | Hey Bash | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is actually my first empties post and I kinda like it because this way I can figure out which products I really love, you should do it too! I hope you can find it, I knew I wanted to repurchase it again right before I was going to use up my first jar, that's why the next time I repurchase it I also bought a back up :)

      Delete
  6. I love that Lip Butter shade :) The spray sounds nice too, I also tend to give my face a spritz with some sort of nice hydrating spray after my make-up, I just really hate matte skin on me!

    Misia xx | gowashyourface.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still like matte look on my skin, it's just I hate it if it's too flat and too powdery. Thanks for stopping by Misia :)

      Delete
  7. Pingin banget cobain aloe veranya >___<

    Buat gantiin laneige yang terasa mahal di kantong ketika lagi bokek T^T

    http://farrelandmerry.blogspot.co.id

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cobain ajaaa kan murah. aku juga sebenernya penasaran sama aloe vera gel dari brand lain, tapi cuma ini yang cocok di kantong haha

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: ELF Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder (St. Lucia)

Lipstik Matte Lokal #2 (Beware, It's A Long Post)